- Download and install Putty
Direct link 64-bit 32-bit
- Run Putty
- Enter the IP address of the remote host in "Host Name (or IP address)" field.
Default port is 22, if you have not changed it during SSH server setup.
- You can enter a name in the field under "saved sessions", and click "Save", so you can use the setting next time without typing everything again.
- Click "Open" to connect to the remote host.
- If you are first-time connecting to the server, you will see this alert. Click "Yes.
- If you see this again in the future, it means something has changed.
(e.g. IP address of the remote host) You should pay attention if the change is normal.
- Enter "username", hit [ENTER].
- Enter "password" (or use a SSL key), hit [ENTER].
- If you see
#waiting for your input, you should have signed-in successfully.
- To disconnect, type "exit" and hit ENTER.