- First of all, please get a Raspberry-Pi (PI below)
- Please prepare a micro-SD card and a good quality power adapter and USB cable. Failing to provide sufficient power may cause the system unstable.
- Download the OS which suits your need
NOOBS: an installer with user interface. good for beginner
Raspbian: multi-purpose system you can make anything on
Ubuntu / MATE: just like Raspbian, but in different flavour
OSMC / LibreELEC: make your PI into a media player
- Download the tool to write the OS image into the micro-SD card
Etcher is recommended
You may try Rufus if you want to
- Run Etcher, select the downloaded image (.img), choose the micro-SD card, Flash!
- Remove the micro-SD card from your PC, plug it into the PI.
- Connect any input device (keyboard, mouse) if you need.
- Connect HDMI cable if you need screen output. Connecting HDMI after USB won't work.
- Finally, connect the USB power cable.
- Wait for initialization. Then it is ready for use!