- Create Telegram account with a phone number without associating with your identity.
- Add a "username". Share "username" instead of "phone number" to others.
- There are a lot of options inside the "Privacy and Security" page.
- Never let other search you by phone number. A simply computer program can search telephone numbers one by one easily. Choose "My Contacts" or "Nobody".
- You may not want other knowing your online state, or even worse, knowing you by observing the state and people using phones nearby. Set to "My Contacts" or "Nobody".
- If you use your face as profile photo, and set to "Everybody"...
- Your messages may be forwarded. If you don't want your profile is linked with the forwarded messages, please select "Nobody".
- People nearby may observe your location if your phone rings. Select "My Contacts" or "Nobody".
- This option is up to your choice.
- Choose the shortest time you consider acceptable for "Delete my account if away for". Even you cannot touch your phone for a period of time, the time your data at risk could be limited.
- Choose "No perviews" for map and link. Loading previews may leak your IP address, online state, etc.
- Under certain condition, network may be a rare resource. Try to limit the use of network by not downloading media.
Subscribe to theMatrixDev
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox