Setup VPN on Ubuntu on DigitalOcean / Vultr
- OpenVPN vs WireGuard:
- Choose a service provider which suits you most.
Choose a nearest location to get fastest speed.
Choose a location where the country is liberal.
Choose a location which provides best price.
- Tutorial on setting up server on DO / Vultr
- Create a server.
- This tutorial is based on Ubuntu 18.04.
If you are not familiar, please choose Ubuntu 18.04.
But it should be more or less the same on Debian OS.
- Choose the cheapest service plan (with IPv4) would be fine.
More CPU and RAM would boost performance, though.
- Connect to the server.
Tutorial for Windows:
- Tutorial for setting up OpenVPN:
- Tutorial for setting up Wireguard: